The zucchini-maker is a gadget I wanted for a long time, no surprised Ernst bought it for us for Christmas ... it is in fact a "spiralizer", meaning that it cuts all veggies in a spiral shape, which is at the same time cute and useful, especially if you are after veggie spaghettis - as I was ...
with the aid of two organic zucchinis, we managed to make two excellent dishes, inspired by the vegan master Attila Hildmann and his book "vegan for fit" ...
The first recipe is "Zucchini-spaghetti alla carbonara" and it takes literally 10 minutes to make, even if you are a slow veggie cutter ...
The picture is not really good (it was taken with my phone), but the result is ... I started by gently frying onion, garlic and some smoked tofu in a little olive oil, then I added some almond mousse mixed with water, lemon peel, some lemon juice and some coriander (the recipe asked for coriander, which I didn't have) and let it simmer until it thickened nicely ... in the meantime, Ernst cut two zucchini into spaghettis and added some salt and olive oil, before simply mixing them with the sauce - we let them combine in the pan for about a minute before serving and I can say that they were simply light and delicious - a great alternative to the "real" thing!
The zucchini-spaghetti reloaded was a simple recipe with tomato sauce and some green pepper - we added a couple of sun-dried tomatoes and concentrated tomatoes to keep it as thick as possible, as the zucchinis themselves release some water as soon as they hit the pan ...
Although it was not as delicious as the first recipe, it was still very good and very light, definitely a very nice dinner ... it may require some tweaking but we were quite happy with the result nevertheless!


No comments:
Post a Comment